The 1st Stage in Your Journey to Liberation
The Journey to Liberation begins with taking refuge, a wish to seek shelter from our often painful or unsatisfactory lives. Learn why our habitual sources of refuge fail, and where to go instead for genuine, lasting support. Your journey of Buddhist study begins with authentic meditation practices, enhanced by foundational Buddhist philosophy.
- Understand why Buddhism prioritizes direct experience over faith
- Learn how to discern between blind faith and intelligent faith
- Relate taking refuge to taking responsibility for our own future
- Appreciate why present-moment mindfulness is a form of refuge
- Advance your meditation practice with expert Buddhist instruction
- Gain an understanding of key Buddhist terms and philosophies